Followers / Seguidores

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pineapple Centerpiece Doily (A Maggie Weldon Design), April 2, 2013

Greetings everyone and welcome!

    Here is another doily which I completed recently but I did not take any progress pictures (I regret this since because of the way which the doily is worked between the pineapples on two of the rounds).

But here is the finished doily.  I chose to make this in one color although the pattern by Maggie Weldon is worked with the pineapples being a light pink color.  I was intent on using up some nasty, rough, "which-I-will-NEVER-buy-again" Red Heart size 10 cotton thread.  This stuff was awful and extraordinarily difficult to use because of the rough finish!  Take my advice....don't buy it.  I know it's a good price for over 1000 yards, but save your money for a better thread like Aunt Lydia's and such.

However, I do like this doily with two colors instead of one and if I make another one, I will definitely use two colors!

Here is my doily in one color:




This FREE doily pattern can be found at:

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pineapple-centerpiece-free-pattern-p-1817.html#.UVsJj6KmhYQ

Here is what the doily looks like made with two colors:




Enjoy!  This is a fun one to make!!!  Good luck and please leave me a comment below.  Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)