Followers / Seguidores

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Green Diagonal Filet Shirt

March 22, 2014:

Presenting.......

Green Diagonal Filet Shirt!

I fell in love with this shirt when I saw the photo and I knew I had to make one.

I have always been a lover of filet crochet patterns and a designer as well, but I had never made a garment in filet crochet.

For this project, I used two strands held together through pattern of 8/2 Glenspun very thin cotton-like acrylic yarn (about the same size as Aunt Lydia's size 10 crochet cotton thread).  These Glenspun cones can be purchased at discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com.

Hook size used:  G or 4.0 mm.   I used a Clover brand hook but this size hook in any brand will work.

There was no set gauge and so I just started the chart.  Originally, I was holding three strands of this Glenspun yarn together along with the 5.0 mm (H) hook and it was coming out way toooooooo biggggggg.

So, I re-started the shirt with two strands and it is sized well for me.  I wear an XL size (yikes!) and a 4.0 mm (G) hook was just right for this project.

I also have this linked on my project page at Ravelry.com:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lhamm/green-diagonal-filet-shirt/photos



The back piece is the one I am holding with my right arm and the front of the garment is the one on me.


Next step is to sew or crochet the front and back pieces together at the shoulders and sides, allowing openings for the neckline and armholes.

After that is done, I will add and edging around the neckline and armholes to give it a more "finished" and tidy look.

Below are some photographs made during the front piece:






This is a WPI photo I took showing "Wraps Per Inch."
My photos kept coming out a little blurry so I kept the best one.  The glare is bad on the ruler but it is at the next inch marker.  This Glenspun is 27 WPI.


So, next step is completing this filet shirt and hopefully I can post those photographs very soon.   :)




5 comments:

  1. Maravilhoso. Parabéns pelo trabalho.
    Um abraço,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!!
    Pattern,color,everything is beautiful!
    Happy week,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ljubinka, for your kind words! Thanks also for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essa blusa é muito linda. Um dia quero fazer também. beijos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)