Followers / Seguidores

Friday, July 10, 2015

Fixing Knifty Knitter problems!


July 10, 2015:

While I like the hard plastic on the Knifty Knitter handheld looms since it makes the yarn slide down easily on the pegs‎, I do find that they have their defects!    And these are really starting to work on my last nerve!

Problem 1:    The pegs move around when you knit on these looms.    They work their way out of their holes and they twist.

Problem 2 (BIG ANNOYANCE) : THE GROOVE IN EACH PEG EXTENDS DOWN INTO THE HOLE IN THE CIRCULAR PART OF THE LOOM.   Grrrrr!   The only purpose this serves is for your pick tool to constantly get caught in that hole.   I'm afraid that the tip of the metal will break off and hit me in the eye one day.   

So, to fix both defects, I got out the bottle of Elmer's Glue-All.   I thought about using Gorilla Glue, but that stuff really expands as it dries; it's an excellent glue but I wasn't sure if it would be right for this job.

However, if the Elmer's doesn't work, I'm getting my Gorilla Glue!

This is taking several applications of squeezing small amounts of white glue into the hole and letting it dry gradually.   Then, I add more as needed.    I would rather have a bulge there instead of an irritating entry point for my pick tool.

***Update:    don't use the Gorilla Glue.   It does expand but it dries with a very rough finish.    I sanded the glue spots down and it didn't do much good. The white glue is your best bet between the two.

 Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem with their Knifty Knitters?

***Update, July 11, 2015:

I created a video of this process at:
http://youtu.be/RQ3B6nmaZBw

Yours in Christ,
Lee Ann H
Blog:  Crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/leeann.hamm.18
Youtube:  Youtube.com/user/crochetgottaloveit
Twitter: @leeanncrochets
#crochetgottaloveit    #crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)