Followers / Seguidores

Friday, July 10, 2015

Broomstick Lace Hat


July 10, 2015:

I decided to pick up my 50 mm knitting needle today and try a stitch which I haven't done in years, Broomstick Lace!   I think it is also referred to as, Peacock Eyelet Stitch.

Anyhow, I have been wanting to make a hat with Broomstick Lace and I settled on a video by Ruby Stedman on youtube.    Here is her link for the one in the video:

‎https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pW6TZLX9iw

She gives very good instructions as she takes you through the video.   I have only watched the video through Row 4, so far and I hope the instructions continue to be good to the end.

In addition to the big old honking knitting needle, I am also using a crochet hook size J, 6.0mm, 10/0 (Japanese) and some old yarn from my stash, Caron Perfect Match #4 worsted weight.   :)

Fast forward a couple of hours later and Ta+da!   This hat is finished!    I didn't realize how easy decreasing in Broomstick Lace Crochet would be!



Yours in Christ,
Lee Ann H
Blog:  Crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/leeann.hamm.18
Youtube:  Youtube.com/user/crochetgottaloveit
Twitter: @leeanncrochets
#crochetgottaloveit    #crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)