Followers / Seguidores

Follow this blog by E-Mail

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fox Scarf

January 28, 2014:

Hi everyone,

I saw this really fabulous pattern not too long ago for a hat and scarf combination pattern.   It is a free pattern offered at http://dothissharethat.com


Here I am modeling the finished Fox Scarf.  This is VERY WARM as the tail part is made in rounds, thereby making the scarf a double layer of crocheted fabric!

Please leave me a comment below!   I always love hearing from you!   :)

This required 3 skeins (6 ounces / 170.1 grams) of Caron Simply Soft #4 worsted weight yarn.   For the hook size, I used a size G / 4.0 mm hook.  I already had some black yarn and some speckled off white colored yarn and some black fun fur.



At this point with it around my shoulders, I have about 33 inches made.  The pattern calls for 44 inches, but I decided to make it 52 inches for extra length.


Instead of making the tail in single crochet stitches, I opted for half double crochet stitches.  I started out with single crochets but then after a few rounds with the orange, I switched to the half double crochets.


I got so into it last night that I was awake until 2 am working on it.  I wanted to get the boring, monotonous tail finished.   Good thing too; we are plunging into the teens regarding the cold temperatures for the next 2 or 3 days.



I am using the 2-pound worsted weight cotton chenille cone I bought off of Ebay last week.  Makes a great temporary form to display the scarf!  

This pattern at dothissharethat.com is very well written and easy to follow, if you decide to try it.


Please leave me a comment below!   I always love hearing from you!   :)







8 comments:

  1. Hello Lee Ann,
    Thank you very much for your kind visit in my blog, I am already here as well.
    Your work is just fabulous! Congratulations!
    Love this combination of scarf with hat!
    Kind regards

    Carla Pereira

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun and super original model. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá amiga,vim retribuir sua carinhosa visita ao meu cantinho.
    Fiquei feliz por seguir-me!!!
    Obrigada,volte sempre e pegue o meu selinho de agradecimento!

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Olá...
    Adorei essa touca, muito fofa!
    Parabéns pelo blog tão lindo!
    Beijo
    Ivete

    *

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivete, I accidentally deleted your comment, I'm so sorry. I am going to copy and paste your comment here along with my own. My old eyes don't see right sometimes. :)
    ------------------------------------------

    Ivete said:
    Olá... Adorei essa touca, muito fofa! Parabéns pelo blog tão lindo! Beijo Ivete :)

    Lee Ann's response:
    Oi Ivete, muito obrigado para o maravilhoso comentário e obrigado por visitar o meu blog! Beijos! :)
    Hi Ivete, thanks very much for the wonderful comment and thanks for visiting my blog! Kisses! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)