Followers / Seguidores

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pinterest Pin-It Button Added FINALLY!! YES!! (April 4, 2013)

April 4, 2013


This is an update to my post about this on two days ago, April 2, 2013....

As you know, I have been trying to figure out how to get that little-bitty (how can it be so annoying??!!) "PIN-IT" Pinterest button on my blog pages.  For the past several weeks/months each time I have referenced the help files at Pinterest, I would follow their directions exactly, hightlight the codes they said and pasted into the appropriate pages on my blog's layout screens.

Then I would test the "PIN-IT" button myself only to have it direct me to ...... nothing.......no pics, no reference to my blog post ..... nothing.

This is basically what I looked like each time:






My frustration turned more to this......



 


 ....... until I was finally ready to do this!:



  


BANG!!!!!



But seriously, this would not solve that little "PIN-IT" button problem.

So, instead of resorting to this on an inanimate object......




...... I asked my son for help.  And he obliged    :)  :)  But even he had problems with Pinterest's help files.

After about an hour and after much blood, sweat and tears, my son was able to help me figure out how to add a "PIN-IT" button on my blog posts.

After jokingly adding that he didn't get credit, here is his profile picture on facebook:


I would not have been able to do this without his help.  Thank you, dear!   :)

So now, if you would like to pin from my blog to one of your boards, all you have to do is to hover your mouse over the picture you want to pin, and the "PIN-IT" will appear in the upper left corner of the picture in which you have your mouse arrow hovered over.

Like this:



Here is the ONLY coding which would work:

<script type="text/javascript" data-pin-hover="false" src="//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

Son said that we had to change "true" to read "false", in case a visitor to my blog wasn't running a certain javascript (pinit.js), in their browser automatically and that they could utilize this pinning  function too.

Well, it's been a looooooonnnnnnnggggggg time coming on this!  I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.

PS:  Sorry for any duplicate emails which my email subscribers may have experienced....we were saving things a lot after making changes and it didn't occur to me until halfway through this, that the feedburner might be kicking out emails each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)