Followers / Seguidores

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DROPS Design Bolero #126-8 (2 strands size 10 thread held tog, size C Clover hook), size made XL

Hi everyone,

Well, I started this bolero back on January 13, 2012 and I have picked it back up again to finish it.

It's the bolero pattern from Garn Studio www.garnstudio.com #126-8.


I am a self-admitted thread addict so instead of yarn, I am using 2 strands of size 10 thread held together and a size C Clover crochet hook.  I am making the XL size.  


I am "whipstitching" the squares together and then "whipstitching" them to the main part of the garment. This is the wrong side of the garment.




And as you can see, I have 2 more squares to attach.  I'll have to "ease" them in somewhat.


I have another crochet name to make for someone and I'll have to finish that first before concentrating more on my bolero.

----------------------
Saturday, February 11, 2012:
A couple of more "progress photos" to post here.  I have the last 2 squares (pictured above), in place and attached to the bolero and I've started the picot perimeter border around the jacket edge.  I will also be putting this on the armhole edgings.


So, what do you think?

Happy crocheting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It's coming along really nicely. Those Drop Designs patterns are lovely, but the intimidate me...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a bit of a challenge with the Drops Designs too.

    This is my first Drops Design to make and I think I read the pattern about 10 times on different days trying to grasp how to construct it mentally.

    For me, what makes the Drops confusing is the way that the sentences are worded such as the way they indicate increasing. I know I was glad when I finished the main part and started the squares - those directions were pretty straightforward!

    Thanks for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)