Followers / Seguidores

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dragon fruit 3rd try!


Wednesday, September 3, 2014:

This is my third attempt to sprout dragon fruit cactus from seeds.    I didn't blog about the other two attempts and today, they still have not sprouted.   I am just glad I didn't use up all of my limited supply of seeds in the first two attempts. 

At 8:00 PM Tuesday evening‎, I put two cotton pads in the bottom of a couple of coffee cups and placed the seeds on the cotton pads.

Then I put enough water on these to saturate the cotton pads.

I have watched a lot of youtube videos on the subject of sprouting dragon fruit cactus from seeds but those methods of putting the seeds in a cup of cactus soil just weren't  working for me on my first two tries.

Well, this morning, Wednesday, (see the photo), ‎it looks as if some of the black seed casings are starting to crack open....yeehaw!   I certainly hope these will sprout! 







Yours in Christ,
Lee Ann H
Blog: Crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/leeann.hamm.18
Youtube: Youtube.com/user/crochetgottaloveit
Twitter: @leeanncrochets
#crochetgottaloveit #crochet

2 comments:

  1. Any success? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up buying two plants off eBay. They grew tall but a frost killed most of it except for 1 section of the plant.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)