Wednesday, September 3, 2014:
This is my third attempt to sprout dragon fruit cactus from seeds. I didn't blog about the other two attempts and today, they still have not sprouted. I am just glad I didn't use up all of my limited supply of seeds in the first two attempts.
At 8:00 PM Tuesday evening, I put two cotton pads in the bottom of a couple of coffee cups and placed the seeds on the cotton pads.
Then I put enough water on these to saturate the cotton pads.
I have watched a lot of youtube videos on the subject of sprouting dragon fruit cactus from seeds but those methods of putting the seeds in a cup of cactus soil just weren't working for me on my first two tries.
Well, this morning, Wednesday, (see the photo), it looks as if some of the black seed casings are starting to crack open....yeehaw! I certainly hope these will sprout!
Yours in Christ,
Lee Ann H
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/leeann.hamm.18