Followers / Seguidores

Monday, January 21, 2013

MUSIC Recordings! "Were You There" and "LSU Candlelight Christmas Concert 2008"

Hi everyone,
It's been a little while since I made a post on my blog.  During the recent Christmas season, I accidentally came across a recording of the song, "Were You There," which the Our Lady Of Mercy Catholic Church SCHOLA & Chancel Choir sung in 2010.

I had no idea that this recording existed and I came across it on Father Paul Yi's blog where he posts his sermons/homilies for Sundays.  Fr. Yi's blog is at: http://jesusthrumary.blogspot.com

I am one of the Alto section leaders for the OLOM SCHOLA and Chancel Choir and we sung this non-traditional arrangement of Were You There at Easter, 2010.

This is NOT a typical recording someone made with their phone or digital recorder.  These types of recordings tend to be near a particular section (i.e. sopranos), and results in drowning out the other voice parts.  I find this type of one-sided recording obnoxious and an insult to the other sections of the choir or choral group.  This is something I do not like.

However, this recording was made through the church's microphone system and you can hear EVERYONE in the choral group....not just one voice section.

There are pitch problems in the soprano section but if you try to ignore these, the recording is not bad.

I wish I could remember the name of the person who wrote this music arrangement.

It is not the typical "Were You There" hymn which is traditionally heard.  This is a nice break from that and I think a prettier rendition.

Here is the link for this recording:

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/1p_QB-A2/were_you_there-_good_friday-su.html

_________________________________________

Also, the LSU A cappella Chorus had their Annual Christmas Concert at Our Lady of Mercy Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (USA), back in 2008.  From what I understand, they needed a place to host this concert and our pastor agreed.

The acoustics of the church made this sound really nice.  I had a digital recorder with me and I was off to the side of the church and made this recording. The sound is balanced as I was not too close to the string section of any of the singers and this was piped through the church's microphone system too.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/lt3BkckZ/lsu_a_cappella_chorus_christma.html

-Lee Ann Hamm
http://crochetgottaloveit.blogspot.com
http://cgli.us (crochet names and rosary patterns)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)