Followers / Seguidores

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Box of Goodies Arrived Today!

March 1, 2012: Box of Goodies Arrived Today! I had bought some more yarn from a seller on Ebay and these are terrific!

I carefully opened the box and ..... Wow!



This cone is a light lavender or purple shades and white, an ombre-colored yarn:



This is the label on the inside of the cone:



It weighed in just under 8 pounds on this cone, WOW!



On what size this thread/yarn is, it looks like a size 8 cotton thread (similar to 2 strands of size 10 held together):




The pink and white ombre skeins are center-pull skeins or balls and about a size 8 cotton thread (sort of like 2 strands of size 10 held together):




All of these 5 skeins weighed in just at 3 1/2 pounds:




I really LOVE this next cone which is a purple cotton yarn (size 10) with a nylon gold metallic filament. It's lovely and the pictures don't do it justice:







Here is the label on the inside of the purple/gold metallic cone:




The purple/gold metallic cone weighed in at 3 pounds:


 

I absolutely love the purple thread with the gold filament and the pink ombre and the light purple ombre are wonderful!

Needless to say, I love these yarns and I HAD to pose with them!





I do not know what I'm going to make with these but I am thinking, "garments!"  I have some ideas in mind, some of them ideas on my own designs which I have yet to write down and make.....just my brain thinking in my "downtime."


What would you make with these?  Please leave your comments below and thanks very much for visiting my blog!   :)  :)  Have a nice day!    :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a heck of a lotta yarn, Lee Ann. I don't crochet much with thread, makes my fingers cramp, but I could see working with two strands held together. I'd make tops and light jackets with it. I'd like to either find or design some simple top patterns that are easy to crochet and attractive for warm weather wear. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to make with all that lovely yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrice and thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, a lot of yarns - lot of beautiful projets!! Thanks for visiting.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla,
    I'm actually hoping to come up with my own designs and I have a few ideas in mind. It's just finding the time to do them. :) Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. elles sont magnifiques tes laines.... j'adore le violet!
    superbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I you wrap the yarn around a ruler you can get the WrapsPerInch (wpi).

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-x0l6xa6HpaI/UR_wIVVJBJI/AAAAAAAABgw/WVrebw42zcE/s358/cb0c7075be00c6301c58fe4bf87691d7b25d41121767097.jpg

    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-A60q-O_hCPA/UR_wjarxg5I/AAAAAAAABg4/tse3yeiDlmA/s358/f3789c36929c0594bfc2bd8274b2e776b25d41121767097.jpg

    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_8DkNMR2zCQ/UR_xLIWWDjI/AAAAAAAABhA/8tMVwlXYe_Y/s358/2e499039a7cc350c45973167769f7e90b25d41121767097.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)