Followers / Seguidores

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Afrodite Colar (Aphrodite Collar) My New Project Before Christmas 2011

I am working on a new project right before Christmas this year.  It's something I haven't tried before and I think I'm going to enjoy this challenge.

I bought a pattern from Silvia called the, Afrodite Colar.  It's in Portuguese and I've been wearing out the Babelfish page on yahoo this weekend.

Basically, it's a floral collar which can probably double as a neck warmer, scarf or a thick necklace:
http://silviacroche.blogspot.com/2011/12/colar-afrodite.html


It's also featured at Miss Flor's crochet blog:
http://missflorcroche.blogspot.com/2011/12/receita-e-sorteio-colar-afrodite.html

I settled on using a size F Clover hook for the green necklace/leaf part and a size C Clover hook for my flowers.  These flowers pictured are not from the pattern, just some that I had made up before holding 2 strands of size 10 thread together.  The green necklace/leaf part is also made holding 2 strands of size 10 thread together.

Here are some progress pictures:




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful...que LINDOOO!!

    Bjss
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rose! Hope you have a merry and blessed Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá Lee, tudo bem?
    Obrigado pela sua visita ao meu blog e pelo elogio, fiquei muito feliz, então você me perguntou onde se achava a receita do colar, tem no blog da Márcia Prado, mas deixarei o link para você ver, tá!
    Beijos e Boas Festas
    Link of Necklace Roses
    http://marciapradoartecomamor.blogspot.com/2011/05/cordao-com-rosas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking beautiful! Can't wait to see the finish look ;)
    ***
    Natty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Andrea! Thanks Natty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind but whenever I see something I like, I try to replicate from the pics. And I pretty much loved this necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the pattern available yet for free or for buying? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pattern is a paid pattern at Silviacroche blog. The link is above. It is in Portuguese but there are some good charts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pattern is a paid pattern at Silviacroche blog. The link is above. It is in Portuguese but there are some good charts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you! :)